Hey all - after a long hiatus I'm finally able to get back in to fishing. I now live in Easton (grew up in western Mass) and I'm looking for some decent spots to fish. I have no problem driving to wherever the fish are. I don't currently have a car topper but it's in the works, so for the time being I'm looking for some decent places to shore fish. I've been checking out the trips and locations on this site but it's a bit of a painful process to find places within a reasonable distance (let's say an hour) that look like decent spots that you don't need a boat to access. Any suggestions?

This past weekend I went to Houghton's pond with a couple of friends without much luck at all... plenty of places to fish from shore, but we didn't end up catching much at all.

Back in my college days we'd go to Muddy Pond in Carver, but I haven't been there in years (it's one of the places I want to check out in the next couple of weeks).

If I can find a decent spot to fish from shore, the Neponset Reservoir and Ames Long Pond look like decent options, too.

Anyway, I'm looking to be an active contributor, so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction and get me off to a good start! Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Give Borderland State Park a try! You can go in, walk around and fish 2 or 3 different ponds. Just remember the insect repellent!

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links