I find that I often catch a bass on the first half dozen casts at any particular location. Then I can go hours without a nibble. I realize I've probably alerted the bass to my presence but I can't up and move every time I catch a fish (I'm a shore angler.) Does anybody else have this problem / solutions? Question

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 am

Depending on where you fish, why not move? Whenever I shore fish I like to go to places that have a lot of access so I can move around. I like options.

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:30 am

shawneramone

Depending on where you fish, why not move? Whenever I shore fish I like to go to places that have a lot of access so I can move around. I like options.

Primarily because I'm lazy but also because open spots to fish from can be few and far between depending on the location. Also, if I catch a fish I'm hesitant to leave that spot because I know there are (were?) fish there.

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 am

When fishing from shore with time. I try and line up a milk run. Fish a pond with a few known shore spots usually close to a second pond with some open spots.

If on a short window just stick it out in the one spot but I may toss something off the norm to give them a different look.

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 pm

honestly with the weather were having get those swimming shorts on and go wading make your own spot. before i got a boat thats what i would do. if the pond has a farely shallow bank around it u can walk the whole thing. might as well be one with the bass and get in the water right. tip tho when doing this always take at least 3 or 4 cast towards where ur walking so u get a chance at anything thats in ur path of walking. dnt want to walk up on a 5 lber and watch it swim away.( has happened to me on more than one occation)

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links