1. Where is the launch for Mirror lake, wrentham ma.?
2. What are the rules and regulations for sunset? Electric/gas? Any other info on sunset would be great.
3. Are boats allowed in great pond I'm being told yes and no, if someone could clear that up for me that would be great!

I would prefer the answers to these questions come from someone who's knows first hand or a better source than google.

Thanks, Kevin-Bigmouths

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

No one can help me out here?

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 am

sorry bro I'm shocked no one here hasn't already asked the same questions. My advice would be to just go fish and if anyone questions you or if the ranger shows up and your not suppose to be there just tell em you tried to find out the regs and mass gov sucks so bad you couldn't get a straight answer.

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am

just took a quick look around. A guy named basshunter62 has a trip on this site from 2009. Maybe try to pm him see if he still checks in on MAFF you might get lucky

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 am

Sunset you can use electric and depending on whose around might be able to get away with gas. There are no signs or anything saying no gas but sometimes people like to get involved when they shouldnt.

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks guys I'm ganna try out mirror this Sunday.

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 am

chevin37

1. Where is the launch for Mirror lake, wrentham ma.?
2. What are the rules and regulations for sunset? Electric/gas? Any other info on sunset would be great.
3. Are boats allowed in great pond I'm being told yes and no, if someone could clear that up for me that would be great!

I would prefer the answers to these questions come from someone who's knows first hand or a better source than google.

Thanks, Kevin-Bigmouths

Mirror I have nothing. But Sunset and Great I do.

Sunset no gas and as of last year, though not posted, no motors period. You can try it but if a home owner drops a dime on you 5/0 will be at the ramp when you get out. Also no on the water night fishing allowed as I found out last summer via the police swarming me as I was taking out my canoe one evening.

Great Pond is posted NO FISHING period. I have fished it many times though lol and it can be good. But again the Police will ask you to leave from time to time. Or a neighbor can give you some flack once in a while. NO BOATS period! I have seen only one boat out there every and it was gas powerder zipping around. The Police were circling the pond looking to meet up with the boaters. Not to mention the fact that the place is loaded with monster boulders some just under the surface. I would never go out there if able with anything but a paddle and canoe. To many unseen hazards to chance with any type of motor IMO.

FYI there have been documented EP busts here that ones gear was confiscated. When I have gone it is with minimal gear now after learning about this.

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 am

I think the only access to Mirror is by the small beach area (sorry don't know the name of the road). You need to squeeze onto the side, car-topper is the only access I know but its a decent place to fish. There is a good section of pads right in the middle that are always productive. 6" lizards killed for me.

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I mapped the access point off google map and the coordinates are

42.091268,-71.31896

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links