Anyone going fishing tomorrow around 5:30 in the Arlington/Medford/Stoneham area? I was thinking about trying my luck at either the upper or lower mystic lakes.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 pm

I've got the day off, me and my bro will prob be out somewhere before that.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 9:52 pm

We'll prob be in the area at Spot, but we both have wanted to try Mystic.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Ive been fishing the upper mystic lake in winchester at the mystic river reservation, memorial beach. Ive been focusing on the channel that connects the two main parts of upper mystic to one another. You walk past the beach on your left and follow the paved path to the end. I was doing well last wk on four or five trips....caught anywhere from 6-12 lmb per trip though most were only in the 1 1/2 to 2 lb rnge. largest one was 2 1/2. Bad news was that i tried this morn around 9 (tues morn) and caught only one bass barely over 1 lb. Not sure if the warm front and sudden change in temp that came with it slowed them or something else but it was not the same fishing as last wk hopefully it will be better tmrw....id like to try fishing the lower mystic or the mystic river but im not too familiar with parking/fishing access. any suggestions appreciated.

bass monkey- i think i met you at the malden river before. i was fishing for carp and you came down to try for bass. You were the guy with abu revo bc and the pics of monster bass you caught rite?? You been catching any decent bass in spot?? ive never fished that place before and i wouldnt even know where to start...

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Ya man that was me! I've done well at Spot so far this year. I actually got a decent one today.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 pm

Let me know, me and brother hit it up alot. we'll show ya around. I brought Hersey617 there and he caught a nice bass about two weeks ago.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:33 pm

ma_fisherman

You been catching any decent bass in spot?? .

The bass that Bassmonkey caught today from my cell phone camera... Chunker!

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I can't say too much for the malden river though. I didn't get anything that night I saw you there. I went once more and nothing. I didn't really stay for too long, some crew team was cramping my style. I did see something breaking the surface alot that second time, but I never got a good look at it.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 pm

@ma_fisherman: also, I got a 1.5lber off a bed today there too. it was a good day between the lunker bassmonkey got and the little guy I caught.

bassmonkey21

I've got the day off, me and my bro will prob be out somewhere before that.

Yeah I think I'll be going out tomorrow (I'm Bassmonkeys bro btw). Probably Spot, but note that they start towing cars from Straw Point parking area at Spot once it gets dark.

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 pm

that is a big bass....what did you catch him on?? roughly what time you head guys head ova to spot?? im sure ill be going out for a couple hrs fishing tnite before the b's game and i have no place to go to that im locked into so if your gonna be down there i might take a ride by see if i can find you.....let me know if your on this thread again tday before you head out...

Posted Wed May 25, 2011 7:43 am

Is Straw point the parking lot right after the exit 34 offramp off 93? If not, how do you access I?

Posted Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 pm

You guys didn't miss much at Spot this evening. We got there around 6 and stayed a couple hours. Lots of little fish swimming around and a decent amount of fishing breaking the surface.

@bcodkind and ma_fisherman: We should have exchanged cell numbers to set up a meet for earlier today, its tough playing thread tag sometimes. I'll send you guys my cell number later tonight thru a PM. We should def meet up there soon and/or Mystic too, I would love to get some guidance for there, my nor my bro have ever been to the either Mystic Lake.

and @bcodkind's post: yeah that is it I believe, I will double check that exit number.

Posted Wed May 25, 2011 9:44 pm

You're not going to get much guidance from me! This is my first year fishing the area. I just reported the conditions from when I was there last. Very Happy

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 5:55 am

That is the correct exit for Straw Point.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 am

bassmonkey21

Let me know, me and brother hit it up alot. we'll show ya around. I brought Hersey617 there and he caught a nice bass about two weeks ago.

Hey! I've known about that back area for a while lol!

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links