I fished the same spots with Dad today. We started with spinnerbaits and he landed - a catfish. I didn't know they were even in the Concord River and I did not expect one to hit a spinnerbait. I had a few taps but then decided to just switch it up and go topwater. I fished a frog and must have had 10 hits...a few were slaps, but some were monster hits. I hooked absolutely none of them. I tried to wait for the feel of the fish before setting, but I just could not hook one. Dad had a monster hit and the frog was just full of slash marks. It was a fun day.

Charlie

Posted Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm

I fished the Concord River on 08/26/10, and I didn't catch much all day either. I had one small bass on my very first cast, and that was it! The rest of the day I didn't even have a bite. Atleast you were getting a lot of top water action.

Where did you launch from? I launched from Bedford off of rte 225. We went north towards Lowell... I think we probably should have gone south. I think there is probably more 'bassy' teritory in that direction.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 am

megad80,

we launched at the 225 ramp like you. i have had luck both up and downstream of the ramp. downstream i have done better with bass and upstream better with pike. there were other boats on the water yesterday as well. one set of guys said they landed 5 pike down river of the launch. i am pretty much still learning the river. one thing i have noticed is that, for me anyway and all of my fishing has been done in the heat of the summer, is that the pike were in or near deeper pools with weeds or in or along the channel of the river. i am looking forward to the cooler weather as i am hoping they get more active. they really are worth the work as they are such impressive fish.

charlie

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links