http://www.bayououtdoors.com/proddetail.php?prod=BBF-5

Has any one try this Frog it was given to me from Bill's Bait shop in Norton for free to try out!
I caught a 4lb Bass in Kings Pond in Taunton
I do like the way it stays right side up
I was just lucky the Bass just happen to be by the shore line when I threw my first cast and he hit as soon as I stared to retrieve , It seems that is the only fish I got that day the last time I caught anything else was in May, I got a large size Pickerel in the same location.

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:54 pm

I haven't tried that one, but I do like fishing frogs. Those look sweet as long as they catch fish.

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:18 pm

free aint bad either

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 pm

I haven't seen that one either... but you know I like the frogs!! Man, a 4 pounder, that's killer!

I ran out of those Stanley Ribbit frogs I had, so I bought some more, but I didn't look close at the package and they turned out to be 'Bull Ribbit' frogs... they're wicked big!

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 pm

Never tossed one of those but have used the strike king style plastic frogs but so far only a few pics with them

Posted Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

I've sworn by the ribbit frogs and have caught my biggest bass ever on the ribbit. But there are some issues with them... they do flip over a lot, and fish upside down. A specially balanced frog does have its advantages I suppose. As long as they don't cost a fortune, I would be willing to give them a try.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 am

creasekeeper

Never tossed one of those but have used the strike king style plastic frogs but so far only a few pics with them

The rage toads? How are they ? I got a package but haven't tried them yet.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 am

I wanna try the Spro Bronze Eye frog... but it's pretty expensive. Confused

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 pm

tony93

I know you can buy a box of 6 of them from Bass Pro Shops for like 25$. I had a friend that bought one... and it didn't swim very well. He may have not been fishing it correctly, but we weren't that impressed for an 8$ lure.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

megad80

tony93

I know you can buy a box of 6 of them from Bass Pro Shops for like 25$. I had a friend that bought one... and it didn't swim very well. He may have not been fishing it correctly, but we weren't that impressed for an 8$ lure.

I've fished the Spro frog, the Bass Pro knock-off (Kermy), and the Tru-Tungsten Mad Maxx (last year's model). I fished the TT one quite a bit last year, and got plenty of hits. But I had the damndest time getting the hooks into anything. The body was pretty firm and I suspect that had something to do with it. As a result, I pretty much only fished the Spro one this year, and have been hooking up regularly (as regular as frog fishing gets, mind you.) It comes through the pads and slop nicely, doesn't hang up very much, and seems to collapse nicely when a fish grabs it.

I bought one of the Kermy ones to try it out. It looked a lot like the Spro one, but cost 3 bucks less so I thought it was worth checking out. Sadly, it didn't work out all that well. The hooks, while nice and sharp, were angled in a way that kept snagging on the pads. The frog also didn't consistently land belly down, contributing further to the snags. Fishing it was very frustrating, and I ended up tying a Spro one on instead after about 30 minutes.

The Tru-Tungsten frogs look very good, and supposedly there's a new model out with a softer body. I haven't spent the money to check it out, so I can't say for sure if it helps. I probably will next year, since the TT frog comes with rattles out of the box while I have to cram my own rattles into the Spro ones.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 pm

http://www.bayououtdoors.com/images_big/Bayou_Bull_Frog/BBFP.jpg

This Bull Frog has a grove on the belly?
So I don't know, but I end up placing my hook at the top and the tip sitting in the grove underneath {back word's} It seems to work when I caught my fish. And would roll back to it's correct side when I retrieve my line.
I too want to try Spro Bronze Eye frog and my favor is the ribbit frog

Posted Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am

bassmonkey21

creasekeeper

The rage toads? How are they ? I got a package but haven't tried them yet.

Yes the rage toads the are ok heavy can cast a ton but need to keep it moving at a pretty good clip to keep it up on the surface depending on the amount of cover I am fishing

Still prefer the scum frog style frog to these types of baits jmo

Posted Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 am

With the spro type frog you should definetaly trim the leg strands pretty short. I used to miss a ton of fish with these frogs even when waiting to set the hook. I noticed one day the bass were grabbing the legs and pulling it under, so it didnt matter how long i waited to set the hook. Trim the leg strands very short and you will start really landing them.

Posted Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:19 pm

I was hoping the rage toads would be more buoyant

Posted Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links