RAT L TRAP RAT L TRAP RAT L TRAP RAT L TRAP RAT L TRAP

Best lure, saw a buddy catch two 4lb bass in one night on one...

Look em up: http://www.rat-l-trap.com/

Razz

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Pretty cool how they let you make your own custom colors,a little pricey for me but who knows you could make the next hot color and be the only or one of very few who have it lol

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I've become a big fan of lipless crankers this season. used mostly the red-eye shad in various colors, but have had good success all season.

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey Guys,

I have 2 RAT L TRAPS in my tackle box (chrome/blue & flat perch) 1 Rapala lipless in sunfish color. I haven't caught anything with them. What colors are you using ,when & where are you throwing them?
Maybe I need to give them a second chance Sad ?

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

I got a box set over the winter, and it came with all kinds of different colors and shapes:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10204041_100009001_100000000_100009000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

I've caught bass on every color this year. Not sure if I could pick out the best one, had solid luck on all of them...probably least on the chartreuse/blue one. I just fished them a ton early in the season wherever I was and got used to them. I've been fishing weedier spots lately, so I haven't used them as much, but I try to sneak them in as much as possible. They work well when there is less weeds obviously, because of the exposed hooks and I usually just cast towards shore (or from shore) same spots you would cast a spinnerbait. I liked to kinda of pull it and let it fall when I reel it in.

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

fishingreek

Hey Guys,

I have 2 RAT L TRAPS in my tackle box (chrome/blue & flat perch) 1 Rapala lipless in sunfish color. I haven't caught anything with them. What colors are you using ,when & where are you throwing them?
Maybe I need to give them a second chance Sad ?

http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/lipless-crankbaits.shtml
great read that might help

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm

i've had the most success in the early spring and fall when they're aggressive or chasing baitfish. i have several lipless baits like the rattlin' rapala and strike king red eye shads. i'm sure they catch fish year round but if you find they're sluggish or getting spooked easily during the summer, they might not work as well.

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I have a few as well, I have 2 reds ones that I have never had any luck with, but the blue and silver ones always works, I use it around 8-10 feet deep.

Posted Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:47 pm

I can't even count the number of fish I have caught on rattletraps...

I wouldn't use em in a small pond, but bigger water is great. Spring and fall are the best, but especially fall as the baitfish are bigger at that time of year(in fact, I always use bigger lures in the fall for that very reason). In summer the weeds tend to get bad, which is usually good, but can be abit too much for treble-clad baits, so I tend more toward weedless stuff then... but that's in shallow water - out deeper they're good then too.

Cast em out, count em down to whatever depth you wanna fish, and reel em in... pretty easy. Retrieving rattle baits over submerged vegetation is killer - that's exactly how Kevin VanDam won the BassMasters Classic this year.

You can also do a sweep/sink retrieve - let it sink and do a long(ish) upward sweep, like an exaggerated jigging motion - let it settle(pay attention to your line!), then do it again. Alot of time they hit it as it's falling back down... or you go to sweep again and it's heavy!

Good times.

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:22 pm

I started tossing them on fireline and it has improved my ability to rip the bait threw cover instead of getting kind of bogged down like it did on my co poly line

Posted Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links