Just a heads up to those that havent seen them yet.Koppers has released two new frogs that look insane.The softbody has won the 2010 Icast award.Tackle warehouse has them.Heres a vid link http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast10.html?ccode=KOPFG

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 am

Yea i have those, they are sick..tons of action but the bite to catch ratio isnt so great, not sure why, but for every 10 fish that go after it, ive pulled in 2 or so

maybe i just suck at angling, haha

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Naw Napa,you dont suck.Its just like he says in the vid,not setting the hook as soon as as it explodes is one of the hardest things to overcome.I look at it this way,its just like a reaction strike on our half,the frogs skimmin along and all of a sudden BANG we react or get stunned and not react at all till its spit and alot of times larry wins.But thats what keeps us obsessed with it, right bro

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Haha so true!!

we did start off waiting for it to take it, then trying to set, whih we had poor results...so we changed to setting as soon as they hit, which certainly increased out catch ratio!

frog is mean looking tho

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Hmmm thats kinda wierd I usually find the opposite happening to me.Goes to show how the fishes personality changes I guess lol.....or how tense I can be Razz

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Yea its odd because on any other lure i always give it some slack for the fish to take then set it....but with these frogs i felt like i was missing so much wait, that once they hit, i was jamming the hooks into there lips haha

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Haha I hear ya.Figuring out the problem and addressing it is half the fun man.

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Nice fish by the way.I can guess a fish in my hands within say +/- 1/2 lb,but pics are alot harder.....6 to 6.5?

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:50 pm

I hear ya

solid guess...5.4lbs actually.....it was a beast, but that picture is classic, makes it look like a 8-10lber hahaha

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Holy Crap! I thought I was being conservative,the fish in my avatar is the same size.The old straight arm trick huh bro LOL.....sweet fish regardless

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:57 pm

HaHa, nah no long arm style...just great photography of the Bass......unsure how he pulled it off, be when im 70, i have a photo to tell some serious fish tales to my grand kids

by the time im 70, that thing will be a state record hahahaha

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Haha I just noticed something,is that a spot on the pic or did that fish have an injury on its side... I see that alot,caught one one time about 2-2.5 and the whole cheek of the fish was gone,looked surgical..very wierd

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 pm

are you going with the vertical hook set? i was told to always set the hook sideways or in the very least, drop the rod tip before setting. i also watched someone set on a frog strike. it was excruciating. the bass completely swallowed the frog and took it down for at least 2 seconds before the hook was set but i guess you gotta train yourself to wait that long. feel the fish first.

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Last edited by bam on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 am

Those frogs looks SHARP! the hard body one looks pretty interesting too. I might have to get my hands on each of the sizes of the soft plastic ones.

Posted Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links