Just moved to Haverhill area and I'm looking for some good bass fishing. I have a small boat and would prefer a place with a boat launch. Any suggestions would be great.

Posted Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:05 pm

try cochichewick in North Andover. Haven't caught any huge bass myself, but have heard many a story and seen some good pics. I've only fished it once on open water, its a big lake with all kinds of stuff going on (coves, islands, laydowns, docks, etc).

Posted Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanx man. I looked up Cochichewick and there seems to be a ton of rules and regs plus you need to have a permit to even use the launch. It looks prettty good but not worth all that B.S.
Any other spots? What do you know about Haggats in Andover?

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 am

both spots you're supposed to have a permit for, I don't have one for either because I live in Medford, and I have a kayak that i just take with me anyways, the only way someone would know I didn't have a permit is if they're standing on shore when I'm taking my boat out. I've seen tickets on boats that are left at cochichewick for not having permits, but if you don't leave the boat there, I don't see how they would know.

look through the trips section on this forum and look for haggett's or cochichewick, it will give you a good idea of what kind of fish are in there...

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 am

That's what I figured I appreciate the feed back man. I'll have to check it for myself

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:17 pm

you need permit but i just launch my kayak by the ledge on the east side of lake on great pond road. i even launched while andover cop watched me. no question. go to johnsons pond on boxford and right next to it theres chadwick pond.theres lots of pond around haverhill but do not fish at kenoza lake by necco college.heard lots of good size there but its drinking water and rangers are there alot of the times.i personally go to chadwick,johns pond and cochichewick.
caught this one @ johnsons pond
this one @cochichewick
oh ya cochichewick has small mouth

Posted Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links