well, my first day back on the water after the health scare was productive... hehehehe

little Lake Rico larry(1 of 2 fish caught today) falls for the spinnerbait again!

Posted Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Welcome back , Had no luck there Sat. but my 10yr old had all the fun catching pan fish with night crawlers.

Go Fish

Posted Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 am

my nephew asked us to take him fishing - first time in about 4 years he wanted to go - so we(my wife and I, plus a friend of my nephew's) went there and fished after supper on Tuesday evening. It was that spot right out from the cove, where everybody launches their canoes and stuff, that flat sandy area.

I was showing em how to pop the lure(spinnerbait) out of the water at the end of their retrieve to avoid getting hung up in the shoreline cattails... and caught a bass! It was literally the first cast, 5 minutes after we got there... I was just as surprised as everybody else was! LOL I ended up catching one more on a super-shallow crankbait(aka a 'wake bait', called "Bass Pro Shops® XPS® Lazer Eye Nitro™ Extreme® The Egg", in XXX shad color), but no one else caught anything. I wish my nephew had caught one, but he said he had fun anyway.

I've been doing really good there - nothing real big, but all fun - just doing my usual routine: start out fast with a spinnerbait, buzzbait, rattletrap, or topwater frog; if nothing, I go to a soft jerkbait, like a Zoom Fluke, or a hard bait, like a shallow-running crankbait or a minnow-type lure... if I catch one I just keep doing it - if not, finally I go to the Senko or a plastic worm.

Posted Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Yesterday I went to Big Bear Pond and caught my first 1.5lb Bass with a frog, it was fun {it only took me 1 year later}, Later I use a wake bait {aka Foot Loose} and caught small Pickerel .

Posted Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:42 am

inkslinger

Yesterday I went to Big Bear Pond and caught my first 1.5lb Bass with a frog, it was fun {it only took me 1 year later}, Later I use a wake bait {aka Foot Loose} and caught small Pickerel .

cool!

I'd love to get into Big Bear Hole Pond with a float tube... I've been planning on getting one, but haven't done it yet. I had one many years ago and really caught alot of fish from it.

Posted Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links