Hey everyone,
I just moved to MA this time to Plymouth and have found myself with more than enough free time to kill. If anyone is looking for a fishing partner I'd love to go! I am game for either fresh or salt water although the salt water would be limited to stripers and blues (don't have a ton of gear) If anyone is interested in going feel free to let me know! Thanks!!
-Josh

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:50 am

welcome! Where'd you move here from?

I'm originally from Oklahoma, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how good the fishing is this far up north... I only fish freshwater, but there's some excellent bass fishing around here. Since you're in Plymouth, you should check out Billington Sea - a natural, 269-acre warmwater pond, it's a popular spot for bass tournaments, and the board is having a tourney there this coming Sunday.

Here's a topo map of Billington Sea from the MA wildlife department:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pdf/dfwbill.pdf

good luck & tight lines!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey thanks for the idea! Just moved from New Hampshire.....

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 8:24 pm

jallenjet

Hey thanks for the idea! Just moved from New Hampshire.....

oh okay, so you have this 'Northern thing' down already... LOL Laughing j/k

there are quite a few smallmouth spots here in MA too...

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 pm

I've fished Billington Sea the last two Sunday evenings and find it good for bass 12-16 in, but rarely get hits of anything bigger. Are there hotspots I am missing and/or better baits? Right now I am fishing the island and along the coast away from the boat launch using mostly power worms and other 'gulp' baits. Not much success/hits with various jigs.

Thanks

Posted Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links