My buddy and I got skunked a couple weeks back at Wachusett and we'd like to try again. I know the laker season is pretty much over but there's always smallies and the like.

Has anybody had any luck there recently? What are the best gates?

Thanks!

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:47 pm

They closed for the season...2wks ago..

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:01 pm

well s***

thanks Razz

Can you recommend some hot shore fishing in eastern ma around now?

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Most lakes and ponds stocked with trout should be producing. I've been having some decent luck over at Walden. Others tell me White pond is a nice spot to go as well. Trout are all coming into the shallows as it get (slightly) colder. Any shallow weedy lake might also get you some Chain Pickerel action. Smallies might be somewhat active, but I imagine they are hanging over deep cover now, so shore fishing might be tricky.

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks! It'll probably be Walden. Powerbait 6" off the ground sound about right?

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:21 am

That's the rig I've been catching them on, although with longer leader (I'd say at least a foot). I also almost had a decent rainbow on a mealworm rig I was experimenting with yesterday afternoon (he spit the hook at the last second). Some guys have been pulling in nice browns as well, but I don't know with what (or where).

I'll be there tomorrow morning. Keep in mind that the water lever is very low right now. Some nice bits of shoreline structure are un-fishable right now, because they are actually above water. However, the plus side is that the whole shoreline is open, so you can fish literally wherever you want.

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:37 am

I live 2mins from the chu the best advise I can give you is to go for a walk and look for places were most people will not think of trying. All of the major shore spots are fished all day everyday.

I drive by the stone church area and rt 140 twice a day commuting to work and back and it amazes me how many people will sit on the same spots out of convenience. Don't get me wrong 19lbers have been caught from the small stone church area and bridge on opening day.

The DCR managed waters around the area open April 2nd this year so fish on!

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:55 pm

make sure you watch out for ticks. Place is loaded with them. And if you hike in a good ways bring a trail map. It stinks getting lost in there.

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:21 pm

I almost got lost once. Place is huge n wild!Smile

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:49 pm

dr

make sure you watch out for ticks. Place is loaded with them. And if you hike in a good ways bring a trail map. It stinks getting lost in there.

Went last year in late May, could not believe the ticks and the annoying water snakes.

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links