For some reason this warm season we have been having his produced 0 fish for me, not even bites. I've been thinking about stopping by and getting some live bait at a shop but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to fish this time of year because whatever i'm doing does not seem to be working at all. Any advice or something would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't caught a fish since 12/26/15

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:08 am

Water temp is still real low so fish arnt going to be real actuve. I went out yesterday on the upper mystic and water temp was 39-44. I did catch two small guys using a jig but when the water is real cold its jigs, jerkbaits and lipless crankbaits REALLY slow. Good luck

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Stick to the shallow, bog type ponds. Fish are easier to locate and the water is warming up quicker. Water is still pretty cold and the fish are still pretty inactive. It will be improving with each passing day. No sign of winter returning! Laughing

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:03 pm

teamhookset

Water temp is still real low so fish arnt going to be real actuve. I went out yesterday on the upper mystic and water temp was 39-44. I did catch two small guys using a jig but when the water is real cold its jigs, jerkbaits and lipless crankbaits REALLY slow. Good luck

That is actually a great day for Upper Mystic. That lake is still ranks as my #1 pave it lakes.

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:15 pm

caught a chunky one yesterday! had ton of hits! i was fishin swimbaits and was swinging for the fences on the hook set just in case it was a slob so i think i pulled the bait out of the 2lbsers mouth!

quick trip! even had 2 topwater hits!

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:28 pm

I've been to Jacob's Pond, Ponkapog, and Sawdy this year. Caught three bass at Jacob's, all just under a pound. Jacob's and Ponkie produced pickerel and yellow perch, with a 2-10 pick and 14 oz fat little perch at Ponkie. Managed a couple picks at Sawdy, but a co-angler I was there with bagged a 5-5 LM with a whacky rigged Senko.

Temps were in the mid to high 40s all around.

Also, I was informed that motors of ANY KIND are now prohibited at Jacob's Pond.

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:41 pm

dogbone_384

I've been to Jacob's Pond, Ponkapog, and Sawdy this year. Caught three bass at Jacob's, all just under a pound. Jacob's and Ponkie produced pickerel and yellow perch, with a 2-10 pick and 14 oz fat little perch at Ponkie. Managed a couple picks at Sawdy, but a co-angler I was there with bagged a 5-5 LM with a whacky rigged Senko.

Also, I was informed that motors of ANY KIND are now prohibited at Jacob's Pond.

Just wondering if they posted the no motors at Jacobs yet? I was kicked off there about two years ago by someone saying they were from the water commission or something like that. They told me it was to control the weeds which I get, but they need a sign.

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Pretty sure it is listed on the MA Wldf website. They also have a bulletin board in the parking lot. There is a guy that lives on the pond that goes out there with a gas motor. Thinks he's special I guess. Rolling Eyes

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:31 pm

jerkbait and jigs....unfortunately the shadow rap's hooks were too small for the chunk i lost this morn fishing from shore ....shallow pond - like don51 said

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

thelucky

dogbone_384

Just wondering if they posted the no motors at Jacobs yet? I was kicked off there about two years ago by someone saying they were from the water commission or something like that. They told me it was to control the weeds which I get, but they need a sign.

No, they haven't posted it. A man who ID'd himself as on some board came to me as I was packing up and notified me. I asked if it was posted at the top of the ramp. He said it wasn't, but the town put it in the papers. He also cited that $20,000 was spent on weed treatments and the props would chop up weeds and create more weed problems.

It's not a big deal. Jacobs is small enough to paddle across and is so choked with weeds by May, I only fish there a few times a year.

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links