Hello,

Sr. Citizen now, very, so please bear with me a bit.

Am always looking for new places to fish, but my main requirement, other than it actually has some fish in it, is that it be relatively close to where I live in Sudbury, as driving is hard for me now.

Have heard a lot about this A-1 Site/Stump Pond site in Westborough, and thought I would like to give it a try this season.

a. Possible to fish from shore (*where ?) well, or is a boat “really” required ?

Are there several walk in/shore fishing locations, or essentially only one ?

b. Specifically, where should I park (legally) ?

I don’t have a boat, so would have to be a (close) walk in from parking.

c. Worth it ?

Any and all thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Much thanks, really appreciate it,

Bob

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:14 am

Not worth it from from shore. Have you ever fished the Sud res? Lots of shore spots n great bass fishing. Also Chauncey has a path that goes all around the lake great access and some big fish. Can be tough bite though.

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for info.
Nice of you to take the time.

Too bad about the A1 not being "worth it" without a boat.

But, will certainly try the Chauncey pond in Westboro, per your recommendation.

Easy to park there, and access the path you mentioned ?

BTW: Any specific spots for the Sud. Res. you can recommend ?

Regards, and thanks,
Bob

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Best fishing at a1is in the Back section with all the stumps need a boat to get to. Message me when it gets warmer I would be glad to show you some spots on the res. It is one of my favorite places to fish. Some spots hard to describe but easy access.

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 pm

You may want to try Little Chauncey pond as well. From my limited experience, there seems to be a lot of action there and some nice fish in the mix.

Posted Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links