What can you all tell me about the Delaney Project in Stow?
Worth a little trip from Hudson?

How deep is the water?

I read somewhere a few years ago that it was overrun with vegetation - is that still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Google Earth makes it look like a marsh. There may be some water accessible, but how hard will it be to access the water. Reading some of the articles on the internet, there was a guy who fished it in 2003 and said he caught some bass in the 1-2 lb range. Finesse fishing was all he did and stated he wouldn't go back again. Maps make the thing look like its 3/4 marsh with water pockets that may or may not even be connected. I have a serious flare for the adventure into new water, but I would have to pass on this bad boy. There are a million other places to go...... my opinion only..... if you go let me know how it went.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:19 pm

We fished a tournament there back in early May. The weeds weren't fully up yet but you could tell the place gets choked in the summer. I don't know how choked, though. There is a deeper channel that runs through the middle that, on Google Maps, looks like it remains clear.

Might be worth fishing with heavy tackle—frogs, weighted brush hogs, braid, etc.

We didn't do well that tournament day, but I imagine there are some big ones in there.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Wall to wall pads and weeds other than a channel that run through the middle. All shallow. I have had multiple 4lb+ days there on frogs and punch rug. Low fishing pressure. Worth a try but probably not a place you want to fish every day.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links