I'm looking at heading down to the A1 Stump pond in Westboro this weekend. I see there was / is construction in the are down there... will we have any trouble getting our boat to the ramp, or is that still accessible?

Also, it'll be our first trip to the A1 site... any recommendations would be welcome!

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:21 am

Id recommend going somewhere else. That place has been getting absolutely crushed this year.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:28 am

A1 Stump Pond is an awesome place to fish and there are a lot of people that go there. Get there before the sun comes up and you might have the pond to yourself for a very short time. I'm not really familiar with the condition of the boat ramp there right now, they were just starting to work on it the last time I went there. One thing for sure, if you are going to navigate around the back half of stump pond in a canoe or kayak, you have to move slow and keep an eye out for stumps!! There are some pointy SOBs that look like they could easily punch a hole in your hull if you hit them with any speed, or they will try their best to dump you! If the water is calm, you can see the stumps, but if there is any kind of chop on the surface, you can't see them at all.
There are some good fish in there, that is a proven fact. There is ample forage and a ton of cover.
Stump Pond is not your normal fishing trip, it's an adventure!!

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:27 am

We are going to make it a very early morning... that was the plan. We're taking a 13' shallow aluminum boat with an electric trolling motor to get around. We figured given the underwater terrain that's going to be the best bet. Its sturdy, shallow, and not too big, so we should be able to get into tight spots easily enough.

Whether its over-fished or not, we're going to give it a shot. I'm hoping to get there by sun-up, as you said. Doesn't necessarily matter to me if we're the first on, as long as we are having a good time!

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 am

I went a couple weeks back n did pretty decent.Got a nice chunky 3+ on last cast. Mostly off soft plastics pounding weed lines. Can also do well with frogs.Tough place to fish gets pounded. Catch n release mostly so fish r still there just smaht n not easily fooled.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:09 pm

I only go there weekdays, never on weekends.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links