So my dad has fished the Charles River for years catching big carp. Now I'm gonna try the Merrimack river. I have a general idea of were I want to fish but if anyone knows a specific spot just let me know

Posted Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 pm

jake_chiasson45

So my dad has fished the Charles River for years catching big carp. Now I'm gonna try the Merrimack river. I have a general idea of were I want to fish but if anyone knows a specific spot just let me know

Funny enough, a not bad spot is the walkway wall on the UMASS South Campus side near Burbanks (I think) ice cream or the Hess station. Go to the break in the wall at the parking lot and it's easier to land them.

Best spot is down on route 110 in dracut. There is a drainage line that empties into the river and its wide (~15 feet). The Carp wait at the end. It's hard to say where it is and parking to fish it can be a hassle (police) but used to do well there for carp.

Posted Thu May 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Is the drainage line near a store or something. I'm finding it kinda hard to pinpoint.

Posted Sun May 24, 2015 10:22 am

jake_chiasson45

Lots of fond memories fishing the Merri up Nashua way. Almost lost my rod (and the lawnchair that was holding it) to a big carp there on one trip some years back. Smile

Posted Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links