Now that I have a boat, I want to try to get in to some deeper water ledge type fishing I have been looking into over the winter. are there any lakes that around here that would support this type of fishing? I have been hooked on bassedge podcasts and keep hearing about this type of fishing ?

Thanks
Anthony

Posted Sun May 24, 2015 7:35 pm

What part of mass are u in?

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 7:38 pm

anthonym1

Now that I have a boat, I want to try to get in to some deeper water ledge type fishing I have been looking into over the winter. are there any lakes that around here that would support this type of fishing? I have been hooked on bassedge podcasts and keep hearing about this type of fishing ?

Thanks
Anthony

I know there are some Mass ponds that have deep water, will rely on other members to chime in. I LOVE deep water summer fishing so here is what I have:
- Wachusett Reservoir: I have scanned the spots I fish with a castable sonar. Gate 8 sand bar. If you can rifle a cast out 50-60 feet the depth is great. Unweighted senkos are king. Gate 35, get past the inlet stream and that area has good depth out about 30 feet.
- Quabbin: too many holes and spots to list but drifting Leveau Island to Stevens Island mouth gets about 30-40 feet deep and it's a great bass highway in summer, they use it.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@6&key=_xpbGrx%7CpL I use this to look at contour maps of ponds/lakes around me, I can't think of anything besides maybe horn pond in woburn. I can't think of anything I've fished that has anything I consider consistent ledge formations. But I only got off shore last season, stuck to mostly smaller stuff.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey swill17, I checked that Navionics site - what a great site. Thanks!

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:27 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links