So I'm fishing in this area and have yet to see a Bass on a bed. Also, the (dozens) of fish I've caught this year don't seem to have the tell tale signs of nesting. Could it be that the span is that late this year? What's your experience /thoughts on spawning times.

Last edited by weehooker on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Spawn is over in the few ponds I have fished recently!! You may still find a smallie on a bed down the cape, that's about it! I found some bedding fish last year at Mashpee Wakeby in the middle of June!

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:52 pm

As of last weekend at least the smallies at Quabbin were still on the beds.

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Interesting data here, Thanks.

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:04 pm

yea spawn is over! TIME FOR POST SPAWN!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:35 pm

I fished a south shore pond today and it was like pre spawn all over again. Got at least a dozen bass and not one was over a lb.! Been a terrible spring for me as far as size goes. I can't break 3lb.! Laughing

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Didn't have a chance to get out last week but today was the first time this year that I saw hatchlings.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Yeah, I'd say the spawn is over down here on the Cape. Haven't seen spawners on beds for a couple of weeks. Of course, I haven't fished all the waters down here. Wequaquet, Long Pond (Harwich/Brewster) are done, as far as I can see. Haven't been on Mashpee-Wakeby this year, yet.

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:14 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links