My wife's parents have a place down in Chatham and we go down there all throughout the summer. I know a few nice spots where I can drop in a kayak, but this year I bought a Tracker so I'm looking for some spots where I can launch a big boat and park a trailer without having a town sticker or where I can just pay a small parking fee.

I'd be willing to drive a bit. Do these places exist? Laughing

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Peters pond in Mashpee/ Sandwich, Johns Pond, Ashumets pond, Mashpee wakeby, but they charge a parking fee and you can launch at Wequaquet in Barstable and park up the street on the side of the road about 200-300 yards back, not at the ramp between Memorial and Labor days...... and thats about it. 90% of the cape has HP restrictions of 9.9.

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:28 pm

stratos1966

Peters pond in Mashpee/ Sandwich, Johns Pond, Ashumets pond, Mashpee wakeby, but they charge a parking fee and you can launch at Wequaquet in Barstable and park up the street on the side of the road about 200-300 yards back, not at the ramp between Memorial and Labor days...... and thats about it. 90% of the cape has HP restrictions of 9.9.

This might be a stupid question but how do you pay the parking fee at Peters and Johns pond? Is there someone there collecting? Are there gates that stop you from using the ramp before certain times?

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:02 pm

jamesd

stratos1966

This might be a stupid question but how do you pay the parking fee at Peters and Johns pond? Is there someone there collecting? Are there gates that stop you from using the ramp before certain times?

Peters and Johns does not charge a fee. Mashpee wakeby does. there is a person in the parking lot collecting the fee

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Excellent. Thanks!

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm

kenwood

My wife's parents have a place down in Chatham and we go down there all throughout the summer. I know a few nice spots where I can drop in a kayak, but this year I bought a Tracker so I'm looking for some spots where I can launch a big boat and park a trailer without having a town sticker or where I can just pay a small parking fee.

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:59 am

bassfunman123

kenwood

There is a great lake in Brewster called Long Pond.There is no Motor restriction and Big Bass.I have Fished there many times and had good luck.I have a Nitro 901 cdx and have no trouble with getting in in great launch and plenty of parking.Good luck Dave

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links