1) Anyone use the MAFF mobile app? I'm about to try it (look at the home-page add in the bottom right of the screen).

2) Consider any password you use for MAFF jeapoadized. Meaning, if you use the same password for the bank, email, etc., it's long gone...

I work in computer/technology security and pay close attention to the stuff. Within a couple days of signing up on MAFF, my gmail was hacked from someone in Poland (or someone in the US likely routed through Poland.). Once someone gets in your email, they can really run a muck with bank accounts and everything else.

It's the most common kind of attack these days.

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Great tip, thx

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, no worries. I had one pw I used for 4/5 important things. I did a little fishing by using it, and my email tracer let me know it was jacked in no time.

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Is it in jeopardy only with the mobile app or in general? Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately mine is random and I don't use it for anything else.

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Hey. It's only a problem with the regular site. I haven't used the mobile yet.

Posted Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:59 am

live4fish

1) Anyone use the MAFF mobile app? I'm about to try it (look at the home-page add in the bottom right of the screen).

2) Consider any password you use for MAFF jeapoadized. Meaning, if you use the same password for the bank, email, etc., it's long gone...

Don't bother with the app the site works great on a mobile browser/Chrome.

Might want to use a random pw generator or a vault similar to KeePass/LastPass or something similar.

Posted Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 am

thanks for the heads up. very good to know just in case.

Posted Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links