I see a few people fish here and wounder if there is any area to fish off shore , my son an I looking to try a new area. How can I get there from rt 1 .

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm

I have seen people near the dam on the southwest side. I don't know how they got there but they looked like they were partying not fishing. its not a great fishery, lots of small fish. I don't fish from shore but if I did there is a place in attleboro I would like to try, Manchester pond. someone here posted that they caught both largemouth and smallmouth off the dam.

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 am

Inkslinger, you can get to the dam from the Lane Property which is on North Street in Foxboro. the Lane Property is part of the conservation land in Foxboro, so their is public access. go route 1 to North street, before the stadium if you are heading south. go up North St and the Lane property is just before train tracks. if you go past the rear entrance of the stadium you have gone too far. you can see a cove of the reservoir from the tracks. there is a path or dirt road that leads up to the dam. I fished mainly from a boat in this area, but have caught fish from the dam area. this is about the only location that is worth fishing from shore. lots of pickerel, but there are some good bass there. the other place that is good shore fishing is at the Pine Acres Horse Stable in Attleboro off of Lindsay Street. there is a fee to fish in the 2 cranberry bog ponds, but they have been stocked with largemouth and it is fun. the biggest I caught there was about 2 pounds. you pay the fee at the house down the long driveway once you get into the main drive. good luck.

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:52 pm

In the late 80s, early 90s, this place was phenomenal. Now it's loaded with dinks and giant blobs of algae. People claim there are still big ones there, and I'm sure there are, but nowhere near as many as when I was a kid. Such a shame. =(

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links