What are you guys using?

Im using 15lb Pline ultimate for square bills but noticed every now and then it will brake on the spool..use to use the old segar but havent been happy with new stuff since they discontinued the carbon

Just wondering what you guys are using? Any help, opinions, suggestions are appreciated

Thanks in advance

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:37 am

I'm using the Pline copolymer. Can't remember exactly which model. I have been using it for a year with no breakage problems

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:46 am

I've been using the "Sunline Super FC Sniper" for the first time this year and really like it so far. A little pricey, but seems to be worth it. I know a few others on MAFF who use it (and recommended to me).

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:47 am

pocketfisherman

I've been using the "Sunline Super FC Sniper" for the first time this year and really like it so far. A little pricey, but seems to be worth it. I know a few others on MAFF who use it (and recommended to me).

i support this statement!

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:18 am

Thanks guys..wondering , are you guys just using this for drop shotting?

If so, what about cranking?

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:55 am

I have 2 cranking rods lined with pline copolymer. 15# and 10

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:06 am

mrichard

mike i'm using it for all but one of my fluoro set ups.

i have 10 and 12 for cranking and 6 lb. for drop shot. it has really good abrasion resistance and i haven't had a break off. you just have to keep checking the line from time to time.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline_Super_FC_Sniper_Fluorocarbon/descpage-SLFCS.html

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am

samf

mrichard

mike i'm using it for all but one of my fluoro set ups.

i have 10 and 12 for cranking and 6 lb. for drop shot. it has really good abrasion resistance and i haven't had a break off. you just have to keep checking the line from time to time.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline_Super_FC_Sniper_Fluorocarbon/descpage-SLFCS.html

Agreed. I had a 20 fish day almost all caught on the drop shot last week. Used the FC Sniper 6 and had no breal offs, only had to retie once.

Although I did have the 14lbs FC sniper break in the spool on me the same day. Second time it has happened on that reel (different rod) so I will be investigating further.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:05 pm

I use suffix green 8lb and 12lb. I havn't tried drop shotting, i want to but i have patience issues sometimes Razz Never had issues with the product.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 pm

I've been using 8lb invisix for drop shots and 12 lb suffix siege for cranking. Buy a bottle of kvd line conditioner, it really makes a difference.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Much appreciated...Thanks all !

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links