I'm thinking about fishing the Charles river in the Medway area tomorrow. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to park and put my kayak in? Also is it worth the trip? Looks like a couple good trips have been posted on here. Any info appreciated!

Thx

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:29 pm

river can be iffy early in the year due to high water and current, fish will be in flooded bushy areas. fishing gets better as the summer progresses. don't know of any access in medway. the closest places to medway would be populatic pond or river road in millis. going to send you a pm. actually those places are in norfolk on the millis line.

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 pm

There is a launch on Rt 109 at the Medfield/Millis line.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 am

bloomagoo

the launch at that location has a $20 fee. its at the charles cafe but the restaurant is currently closed so I don't know the status of the launch. it is an honor system where you put money in a lock box and there is a sign threatening to tow your car if you don't pay.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:28 am

bloomagoo

launch ramp looks closed. stopped by there this morning and the ramp signs are taped over and there is an orange barrel blocking the ramp.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:58 am

I've seen folks launch from the Medfield side of the bridge.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:57 am

bloomagoo

I've seen folks launch from the Medfield side of the bridge.

they won't be launching any trailered boats from the medfield side.
makes me sad I won't see any more bass boats on that part of the river.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Never been disappointed fishing the river all diffrent times of year. High water or low hot or cold weather . The place is a great place on avg I would catch 30+ largemouth. Ive spent 4 hrs to 12 on river I love it . If you take rt 27 towards sherborn from rt 109 takeleft on west st at light about 1 mile small boat ramp and parking on right good luck

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Never been disappointed fishing the river all diffrent times of year. High water or low hot or cold weather . The place is a great place on avg I would catch 30+ largemouth. Ive spent 4 hrs to 12 on river I love it . If you take rt 27 towards sherborn from rt 109 takeleft on west st at light about 1 mile small boat ramp and parking on right good luck

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links