Been real slow at my fav larry ponds.I'm shore bound so they have been hard to find.Been catching nothing but smallies.Figure they r resting out deep where I can't get to them. How long does it usually take b4 they get back into the swing of things?

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am

so catching smallies and not largies is a bad thing??? just busting ya balls!

ive caught so many largemouth in my life i would love to catch smallies!

smallies and largies were crusing this one flat around beds close to a steep drop! water temps were 63!

some good largies on wacky rigs and tubes! the tubes were working along the dropoffs for me near flats! but i only caught one largie on a tube! chunky 2.5lbser and small smallie!

best action was the shallow fish on that paticular flat!

bitting bright color wacky rigs! i tried naturals blues browns and white! couple follows! they smoked the bright red and chartreuse/white!

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:05 am

My fav place is another shore fishing only. It has massive larrys but smallies kinda ob small side. Biggest I've caught around 2.5lbs-3 though the other day my friend bagged 2 2lbers and I caught a small 1lber. I missed something big saw whole body flash 3 ft in front of me not sure if it was larry or sally all off rattl traps. Senkos that usually kill it did nothing.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Been out two times at one of my spots... Nothing big except the last spawner i could find. Was around 4lbs.. Other than that nothing.. Just some dinks up shallow. Gonna try slowing down with soft plastics, jigs, and crawling swimbaits.. Post spawn can definitely be tough!

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:41 pm

i either haven;'t seen beds at a variety of places i've been to this year when they should have been on or making beds. or i've seen significantly fewer beds.

with this crazy weather, do some fish just not spawn?

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm

I believe you are on to something there Sam. I think the males have shrinkage and can't perform

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm

I too have gone to my local holes and haven't even gotten a bite!
Since last friday I have noticed a Major slowing down of the bite.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:21 am

Caught three fish over about ten hours of fishing in two days this weekend. I'm sure part of it was me being a crappy angler, but last time I got that skunked at this particular spot was during that insane heat wave last summer. Now I'm seeing posts about fish kills? Ugh. Hope it turns around soon.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:33 am

I have noticed the past couple weeks there has been almost no bite on reaction lures. Ive been getting them on weightless Senko wacky rig. It seems like u Gotta put it right in front of there face with very slow presentation.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:48 am

I caught 5 decent largemouth and lost two really good ones this past weekend on swimbaits. First good #'s trip I've had this year.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am

What part of mass were u fishing in tuna meltdown?

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 pm

badlarry

What part of mass were u fishing in tuna meltdown?

A few towns southeast of Worcester. Up until this weekend though it has sucked. Quite possible one of the toughest springs bass fishing I've ever had. We fished Wachusett 2 weekends ago for 8 hours and only managed 2 smallies and 4 small largemouth. Last year at the same time we had our best trip ever at Wachusett and landed over 35 bass most in the 3-4 pound range. It's been a tough, wet, and cold spring and hopefully with temps starting to stabilize so will the fishing.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah its been weird last Monday I went out and was killing the Larrys off senkos had 2 2lbers n a 3+ within 45 min went back to same spot next night nothin but 2 smalll Sallys n a small larry. The next 4 days nothin but sallys. Don't get me wrong Sallys r my fav fish to catch but they don't get much bigger than 2 lbs at least that is the norm at this place. Larrys on other hand get very big. Not uncommon to average 3lbs a Larry for the day.Has the smally bite at the chu stopped yet or r they still biting?

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:40 pm

jamesd

I have noticed the past couple weeks there has been almost no bite on reaction lures. Ive been getting them on weightless Senko wacky rig. It seems like u Gotta put it right in front of there face with very slow presentation.

Strange, im having the opposite bite. Everything I have been catching the past couple of weeks has been on reaction baits, I couldnt get bit on a jig to save my life.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:00 pm

A friend of mine crushed them last evening on a mid sized wakebait at a pond just down the street from me. He must have texted me over a dozen pictures of nice 2-4 pound bass. He fished from 7-10pm.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links