i fished the upper mystic lake today with no luck fished from the shore anyone know any nice spots to try any info would be awesome thanks!

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 4:17 pm

I fished LML on Monday this week and got skunked. I was looking for stripers in the morning then just tried to catch something as the day progressed.

Saw plenty of herring and carp, but no bass or stripers. I think with so much food there is a very small window when the fish become active to chase lures, at least the stripers. Wounded herring fall over the spill well all day long and I think the fish key in on that.

I also saw no beds at all. I have a theory that lakes with herring run the bass spawn later to avoid commotion in the shallows. Or spawn deeper and I have never found them?

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 5:58 pm

the herring run screws everything up over there. I too think they spawn deep over there. No action at all and no nests to be found anywhere. The river is loaded with herring and zero bass. In the next few weeks it will turn on bigtime.

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Looking for a place to do some shore fishing tomorrow am any suggestions since mystic seems out of the question?

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 6:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links