Just wondering if anyone has some tips on bass fishing during the spring

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:55 am

So far most of my fish are on jigs. Fished so slow it's more like casting and waiting. Slow is the name of the game.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Surprisingly I've been having luck on the kvd 2.5 fished slow right below the surface. Manage to catch 8 bass today including a nice chunky 3--3 1/2lb

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:45 pm

it will differ from place to place. i've done well on lipless cranks, ranks, jigs and jerkbaits so far.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:11 pm

I love ranks

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Lures are not as important as locations and water temp.

Shallow bays with rock heat up first. Wind protection is important. Flooded feeder creeks and river inlets are usually a first bite type of area.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:31 pm

shallow bays with rocks that were out of the wind didn't work out well today. tried following this general rule of wisdom but it wasn't the deal at all.

i think lure type is important depending on where they are in the water column. they've been suspending most places ive been to so bottom hugging baits didn't work well.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:36 pm

What works one place might not work somewhere else, pure and simple. You just gotta go and figure out where they are and what they're biting on wherever you are at. Could even be the same body of water, but just another section of it. Gotta put in the time!

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links