Hi,

Glad I found this site; looks like great folks on it.

Would appreciate some suggestion as to where to go.
Use a Spinning rod for Panfish and Bass, mainly

Am a Sr. Citizen now, very, and although I hate to admit it, it's a bit hard for me to drive any distance now.

Live in Sudbury, and am looking for relatively close spots, other than Puffer Pond at the Assabet National Wildlife Refuge in Stow which I have been going to almost exclusively these last few years. Lovely spot, and can usually catch "something," but always small (which is O.K.)

Read a few Posts regarding Lake Boon.
Funny, but I never even considered it.

Not looking for any "secret" spots, but might someone please point me to a few spots on Lake Boon where I can park without getting towed, and can walk to where I can do
some "decent" shore fishing ?

Walk-in distance should be limited to approx 1/3 mile, max., or so. Would be most appreciative.

I looked at the site's Map-View for the Lake, but can't find any specific access points noted. Are there, and I just don't know how to use the map views correctly ?

Any other "nearby" suggestions from Sudbury ?

Thanks for help; really appreciate it,
Bob

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 am

shore fishing access at heards pond in wayland, no walking required. sudbury reservoir is the place to go if you can do the walking.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 am

boone doesnt have many places to shore fish due to many properties waterside. i wouldnt waste your efforts there. unless of course you have a boat which is an entire different story.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links