Has anyone else been stockpiling lures and saving up for the spring? I just went to dicks and loaded up on some freshwater and saltwater stuff.... What have you guys purchased in anticipation of the new season?

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 am

I've replaced almost all of my reels and abiut 1/2 of my rods. Added a ton of cranks and jigs. New line on everything. New fishfinder. New shallow water anchor. I'm ready to fish man. We need some heat

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am

Sounds good but what do you with you're old reels? Do you sell them because I tried to sell some of mine and no ones really responding to any of my posts about reels for sale. I went to dicks and they had a five for $5 deal where you could buy five bags of scented soft plastics for five bucks. Also I got two containers of berkley gulp! Alive, one sandworm container, and one container of eels. They were pretty expensive but even more expensive was the saltwater sinkers, even the light ones were 6 1oz. for $4 . Next time I'll just go to cabelas . Where do you usually shop?

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:15 pm

I kept my old reels in case my son decides he wants to fish. I sold a couple of rods. I do most of my shopping online. Tackle warehouse, bass pro, cabelas and a few others

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:18 pm

i went through my entire lure inventory and replenished. i bought some new things but tried not to go overboard. i think i only got a few new rods and reels this year.

i sold a bunch of old stuff through MAFF.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm not old enough to even think about having a son but that sounds like a cool concept. That's really considerate of you. Do you do any fly fishing because I'm looking to sell a bunch of stuff like a huge assortment of flies and the a couple reels. I'm not looking for much money but I would like to get something out of it.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Sorry bud. No fly fishing for me. Not even a little curious. Sorry

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:29 pm

I tried to limit my purchases this year.

For lures, I just bought a 9" MS Slammer (Trout) and a Spro BBZ-1 (Perch). I'm excited to do some more Swimbait Fishing this season.

To be able to use those new baits, I finally gave in and bought a proper Swimbait Setup.

Also, grabbed a new Fish Finder for my Kayak.

Can't wait to get back on the water.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 pm

It's all good man do you know anyone who would be interested just let me know.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 pm

I have all my tackle grab boxes from oct through march to get me through. Too broke to make a bass pro trip, will need to get some new line at some point though. I feel like the quality of the tackle grab stuff has gone up a bit. More hard plastics, and some seem to be of high ish quality.

Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Brand new rod and reel for trout which I've already loaded with line and terminal tackle. Waiting on that stocking truck...

I've also snagged a few crankbaits, some big double colorado spinnerbaits, a few jigs, some jerks, and more worms and senkos than I care to mention.

Last thing I need to do is re-spool all my line and lube/clean the reels.

Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:19 am

Yeah I still have to clean and lube my reels as we'll.

Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:02 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links