Does anyone subscribe to any of the monthly tackle packages? I have heard of mystery tackle box, lucky tackle box, and tackle grab. I was wondering if any of them were actually worth a subscription.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:31 am

I had tackle grab for a year. I wish I used that money to buy a rod or reel. Or anything. I don't think I got more than a few things I actually use.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:19 am

I agree with Shawn on this one.

At the time I got 50% off the Tackle Grab membership which made it a good deal.

The anticipation of getting the package every month was fun and there was a good amount of goodies in each package for what I paid.

That being said, I use very little of what I received.

I might recommend it if it was discounted heavily but I definitely wouldn't pay full price.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 am

I got the 1/2 price deal too and still feel like it was a waste

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am

Waste of money in my opinion . I stopped my "Tackle Grab" subscriptions after a few months of getting disappointing junk that I never ended up using. My target species indicated at sign up was Largemouth Bass. Maybe others with a different target species had better luck with their lures received?

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:38 am

I did some research and it appears that Lucky tackle grab is the only one that actually might make sense because they don't send sample packs of any soft plastics. I went through past box' and it seems every other month there is a live target lure in the box or an expensive jerk bait. The first month is only $5 so I'm going to give it a shot and let everyone know what i get. Last month they sent everyone a reaction strike revolution frog, a stealth rat-l-trap, a 5 pack of mustad grip pin hooks, a rod glove, and a full pack of creme scoundrels. The total value coming out to 32 bucks.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 am

I have a mystery tackle box subscription. My first box I got some pretty decent gear: a 5/8oz spinner, a shallow diving crank, some 8'' worms, and some VERY cool rubber crawdads (can't wait to try em on a jig or as a trailer), and some nice hooks to use with the plastics they sent.

For my first month I'm pretty impressed. It seems like they sent me gear that was specific to the month and species I target (living in MA and going for bass).

It's $15.00 a month which includes shipping. If you use the code GET499 you can get your first month for $4.99, which is what I did.

Try it out for a one month trial. I mean hell, it's basically 5 bucks for a handful of solid lures.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links