I sent this off to MA wildlife a few weeks ago however havent heard anything back so I figured Id ask...

For waters that are stocked with trout (as listed on the MA wildlife page) does it mean it is a public fishery? I see a few on there that Ive always thought didnt allow fishing so I was curious why they would be stocking trout if they dont plan on people fishing it.

Thanks

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:46 am

If it is stocked by the state it can be fished some r privately stocked. If it is listed it is state stocked. Would make no sense using license $ to stock a private pond. Though some places may require a permit to use boat ramp.

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:49 pm

yep i know ponds that are privately stocked! state stocked waters are public

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 am

bassturds

Thanks guys, the next question is one of the waters is more of a stream that is stocked that feeds into a larger body of water. Ive been trying to figure out if the larger body is legal to fish/access. Havent come up with much yet.

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 am

biggz53

bassturds

Thanks guys, the next question is one of the waters is more of a stream that is stocked that feeds into a larger body of water. Ive been trying to figure out if the larger body is legal to fish/access. Havent come up with much yet.

Why don't you give me the name of said stream and bigger BOW and I will let you know if I get caught

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 am

stratos1966

biggz53

bassturds

Why don't you give me the name of said stream and bigger BOW and I will let you know if I get caught

Haha you'd like that wouldnt you. Still going to hit you up for that c-rig lesson and maybe Ill drop one of my spots for you.

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Lets get it done this year. Cape pond post spawn/ early summer

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm

biggz53

bassturds

i think i can guess...

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 pm

samf

biggz53

bassturds

i think i can guess...

Hahah i would think so we have talked about it and tried to figure out access.

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:01 pm

They stock it yearly and I constantly pull fish out of the Nashua river, it runs right behind my boarding school and so I can fish it whenever I want!! I also have the opportunity to fish in boston because that's where my family lives. I'm pretty sure that the only pond that gets stocked that is actually in boston is Jamaica pond. But I've pulled monsters out of the Nashua and it almost never freezes over because of how fast the water flows. Try worms int the spring summer and fall and then try power bait in the winter. That's how I caught most of my fish in the river. Good luck!!!

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links