Hey guys, just curious as to how "decent" the discounts or "lowered prices" if you even want to call them discounts on TW are. I've been doing some research see a lot of different opinions, especially on here haha. I was looking into buying an Okuma 7:4:1 Citrix 273A reel, and a matching Okuma Citrix 7'11 heavy/medium swim bait rod. Both are $119 a piece. You can't see prices on Okuma's website because they make you make an account to check out, and BPS doesn't carry Okuma (that I know of) - just curious as to if TW is truly 'among' the cheapest online? (That isn't some sketchy website where my info will get jacked) lolol Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Most of my best deals have come on ebay.

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Of course if you shop around you'll find pretty good deals else where. If you looking for a new reel check out ebay. Usually find new gear there about $50 cheaper than from other online sites.

TW is really good about price and selection. Things like lures, terminal tackle, line, etc they can't be beat. Half the stuff I buy BPS doesn't even carry. TW has good customer service too.

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm

TW pretty much goes with retail prices but their selection and stock can't be beat. i use a lot of very specific tackle and certain brands and TW is usually the only place that carries it. you can also reuest specific things and they'll usually pick it up. i just asked for a certain whopper plopper color and they got it for me.

they do price match and have decent sales (used to be better) but they also have great shipping options and service.

you should look around at a bunch of different places that are similar (bass tackle depot, monster fishing tackle, thehookuptackle etc). it probably won't matter for something like okuma but it will if you''re looking to get the reins bubbling shaker. i see that reel for $89 by the way.

ebay is definitely one of the best places to get rods and reels. you can usually find brand names for 25-30% off all the time.

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:03 pm

I don't use tw when something is on backorder forget it just has some bad expierences

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:16 pm

really? i'm surprised to hear that. i've never had a bad experience and any time i've had an issue with a product they've always tried to make it right even though it was on the manufacturer. i also have had several orders with products on back order. no issues there either.

Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 pm

There backorders are not consistence. For example I order some Deps stuff and they had a date of 2/28 on back order. Now they just cancelled the order said they are not getting the product in. Tried to order some line, they said it was on back order till 2/9 now they changed the date until 3/31.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 am

thelucky

There backorders are not consistence. For example I order some Deps stuff and they had a date of 2/28 on back order. Now they just cancelled the order said they are not getting the product in. Tried to order some line, they said it was on back order till 2/9 now they changed the date until 3/31.

Agreed. They are my #1 online store but they do change thier "in stock" dates ALL THE TIME. I don't even bother ordering anything that is out of stick with them.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 am

funny you say that b/c i have an order with a ton of back ordered items. yeah that is annoying but is it their fault of the manufacturer changing dates? i take their date with a grain of salt b/c i know it's just an estimate.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 am

samf

funny you say that b/c i have an order with a ton of back ordered items. yeah that is annoying but is it their fault of the manufacturer changing dates? i take their date with a grain of salt b/c i know it's just an estimate.

I agree with Sam, the manufacturer definitely have the blame on that. Tackle Warehouse is just the middle man basically.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:40 am

Look on ebay. The last 3-4 reels I've bought from ebay have been anywhere from 10-25% of retail prices. Buying from anyplace else is like throwing your money away.
Here are some examples.

Shimano Stradic 5000 FJ retails for $209.99 and I got my two on ebay for a buy it now price of $159.99 last year.

Diawa Lexa 300 retails for $199.99 and they can be bought for $125-$135 on ebay all day long.

Abu Garcia Revo Toro NaCl retails for $299.99 and I got mine a month ago off ebay for $225.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks for the input guys, I'll definitely check out Ebay. To be honest I kind of forgot Ebay existed until now haha. Didn't even think of it. I'll definitely see what I can find, and I'll have to setup an account as well. Thanks again!

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:40 pm

i usually go straight to ebay for rods and reels. i'll send you some of the sellers i've saved as favorites.

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Sam, I appreciate it man!

Posted Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

no problem. i'll send them now.

Posted Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links