So me and the fiance are closing shortly on our house and it is pretty much a quarter mile from Beaver Lake and has deeded beach rights to it. It is a "private lake" from what I gather. Just wondering if anyone has any experience fishing on it? And once I fully move in if anyone wants to just PM cause I only work 3 days a week and fish the other 4 usually.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:56 pm

beaver lake? you definitely have beaver fever.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Good Bass Lake . Perch and Pickerel too .. Ice fishing is also good there . You will also be close to the Ware and Swift rivers and Peppermill Pond.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Is it a "private" lake?

Posted Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:55 pm

I have fished beaver lake many times in the past 8 to 10 years and have had good luck fishing for bass. My personal best was about 6 lbs. There are lots of small fish with the occasional decent one. Ice fishing is good at times to but it seems to me that the pickerel bite over takes the bass bite. I last fished there in late November from about 9am to noon and boated 9 keepers and 4 shorts. The best fish was just over 3lbs. Every fish I caught was on a square bail crankbait in the bluegill pattern.

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links