Where do you buy your tungsten weights from for what price? Thanks.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:37 pm

You get what you pay for with Tungsten weights. I have tried a few of the cheaper versions on the market. They are not as refined and lack the quality of the more popular brands. It also depends on what weight size you are looking for. As you approach 1oz. they all seem to be the same price but in the lower weights 1/16 , 1/8th ect there can be a substantial difference. Painted and unpainted make a difference as does ones with sleeves or without. I buy the strike king tour grade ones in the heavier sizes and the BPS brand ones in the smaller sizes.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Compare a bunch on tackle warehouse. I've been using vike tungsten mostly. Might not be the cheapest but they're pretty good quality.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 pm

haha, I have the exact vike tungsten weights without fancy retail package. I can sell 20% cheaper than TW if anyone want some.

for example, 1/2 Ounce two pack painted bullet weight is 6 bucks on TW. I can sell for 5 bucks. Color is black, junebug, green pumpkin.

I don't have the weights yet but I will have some quantities next month.

samf

Compare a bunch on tackle warehouse. I've been using vike tungsten mostly. Might not be the cheapest but they're pretty good quality.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Are you buying bulk directly from them? I know there are several self made retailers that sell cheaper weights but I can't comment on the quality.

I think shawneramone buys his from one.

Last edited by samf on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:47 pm

there is really no cheap price tungsten weights. everyone's indoor price is about the same. If there is no extra cost to sell them , the price can go lower. As I said, I bought some for resell to everyday fisherman just like you and me. I can beat any price on the net if buying directly from me. If you think Vike is a good quality, that's what I have, the exact manufacturer without fancy package. Someone can use their own name brand on it, the more famous the brand the more you pay for the same thing.

samf

Are you buying bulk directly from them? I know there Ade several self made retailers that sell cheaper weights but I can't comment on the quality.

I think shawneramone buys his from one.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:54 pm

i was just wondering how you got them without packaging to sell them yourself.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:09 pm

I bought some in large quantity and I don't need special packaging, so it is cheaper. I will use some. I will sell most of them at low price on ebay. I will seller even lower if someone buy directly from me. Quality is good, no doubt.

samf

i was just wondering how you got them without packaging to sell them yourself.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Willy,
I'll be starting to buy this season's gear in a week or two. I'll be pm'ing you soon, so look for it. Talk to you soon.

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:06 pm

I have a top of the line Fenwick Ateos 7'9" flipping rod for sell. Life time warranty. Retail $179. You can have it for $120. It is slightly used. Nothing wrong with it. Don't buy tungsten weights yet. I will have some quality ones for sell. I will post when I get them.

pocketfisherman

Willy,
I'll be starting to buy this season's gear in a week or two. I'll be pm'ing you soon, so look for it. Talk to you soon.

Posted Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links