Does anyone know of a public access point for a cartopper at Great Island Pond?

Last edited by bti111 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:53 am

Yes just not exactly sure where.. i imagine another MAFF member can help out..

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Hollis Rd. Off Beaver dam rd. Stay straight on Hollis do not turn right or left . Access is in the little cove in the NE corner. 4WD IS A MUST!!!!! Fishing is "ok" most fish are in the 1-2lb range

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Has anyone else besides me fished that pond you past first?? Place looked AWESOME Lots of grass,pads points, dropoffs,LOTS of laydowns, this place had potential! .. Really looked like a hotspot until you fish it.....

Land of a thousand dinks! Was on the top 5 worst places I've fished

Me and my dad caught a countless amount of fish, but all were clones of each other.. Was truly a sad sight Sad They were hitting whatever lure you were throwing, but most of the time they weren't big enough to even swallow senkos let alone spinners or crankbaits..

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Has anyone else besides me fished that pond you past first?? Place looked AWESOME Lots of grass,pads points, dropoffs,LOTS of laydowns, this place had potential! .. Really looked like a hotspot until you fish it.....

Land of a thousand dinks! Was on the top 5 worst places I've fished

Me and my dad caught a countless amount of fish, but all were clones of each other.. Was truly a sad sight Sad They were hitting whatever lure you were throwing, but most of the time they weren't big enough to even swallow senkos let alone spinners or crankbaits..

There was a major fish kill there several years back. At one time the place had HOGS. It will again. It just needs time to recover.

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info Very Happy Someone I met said it was productive.

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Tons of 1-2 pounders is productive technically. There have been days where I wished I was catching a few dinks let alone countless clones.

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 pm

samf

Tons of 1-2 pounders is productive technically. There have been days where I wished I was catching a few dinks let alone countless clones.

Spring is by far the most productive time there. After that it is a crap shoot. The hassle of getting in there makes it just ok in my book. It fishes small imo

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

yeah there are plenty of dink factories closer to me. doesn't sound worth it based on the drive in to the place.

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm

I don't have 4 wheel drive anyway. Fished mostly salt this year, hoping to get back to fresh more this spring! Mostly fish Cape ponds in the spring and was hoping to find something closer to home.

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:11 am

bti111

I don't have 4 wheel drive anyway. Fished mostly salt this year, hoping to get back to fresh more this spring! Mostly fish Cape ponds in the spring and was hoping to find something closer to home.

Little long pond right up the street is a pretty decent fishery with easy access and parking

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks again!

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links