Got some new toys over the past couple of weeks. Never really fished bigger Swimbaits, or Swimbaits at all for that matter. So I decided to give them a shot. I bought 2 handmade swim baits at the Expo in Worcester 2 weeks ago and in the process entered a raffle with Big Bass Dreams and won myself 3 Mattlures Swimbaits, one Blackback Herring swimmer, the U2 Bluegill Jig, and a Female Bluegill swimmer. This past week I recently purchased a SPRO Slow sink Rainbow trout, as well as 2 BPS XPS X-Caliber sinking swimbaits, one Bluegill, one Pumpkinseed. The two handmade baits I purchased at the Expo are Yellow Perch and Golden Shiner with weighted tails and a Silicone construction. Also got myself an XPS Bionic Blade worm jig trigger rod for the new BPS Pro Qualifier reel I recently acquired, as well getting a new somewhat decent rod for my very first Baitcaster I ever got, when I was 8 years old lol. A Quantum Heat T400. I am pretty damn excited to get into the Swimbait action with everyone else; kinda late haha, hopefully produce some bigger fish. I also want to try the MS Slammer and the XL Nezumaa Rat, but those will come at a later date. I posted some pictures up if anyone's interested Very Happy Laughing

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:25 pm

You're going to like those real prey's. Sweet baits

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:39 pm

nice. for a bigger "swimming" topwater, i just got some whopper ploppers. sort of like a buzzbait / swimbait combined. it floats though so you can reel it fast, slow, or even stop it.

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm

I just checked out those Whopper Ploppers. Those things look pretty sweet. Hard plastic jointed bodies, and what looks to be a rotating tail? Are they supposed to be similar to a prop bait?

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links