If the past repeats itself I will have my first open water bass 2 months from today. Last year I got one my 2nd time out on March 7th. I've re-read the whole Beaver Fever jon boat mod thread getting psyched up for my conversion when the tax refund rolls in. I'm so excited about the 2013 season. I just feel so much more confident about catching big bass. I can't wait for Spring!!! Cabin Fever has a full hold of me

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:48 pm

With only 4 to 5 inches of ice and were in the middle of January the odds are in your favor. Especially if the weekend forecast holds up. I just hope it either gets cold to be safe ice fishing or warm up to get the boat out. There's nothing more depressing than having unsafe ice for a period and not being able to launch.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

I hope you're right Shawn, but last winter was much warmer than this one so far. Hopefully mother natural won't tack on a week or two extra!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm hoping to catch mine this weekend

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:00 pm

stratos1966

where?

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 pm

I'd imagine the capes gotta have a few lakes or ponds with no ice, at least by the weekend if the weather goes as there saying. I know a place in CT that had no ice a few days ago but sadly my truck needs work done so i wont be able to get the boat out, but might hit a few off shore spots if i can find some open water this weekend.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 pm

I wonder if you can launch in any of the rivers. Shawn your not afraid of breaking a little ice.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 pm

shawneramone

stratos1966

where?

Im betting the cape has open water now and will definitly be open by Saturday

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

South shore and Cape should be open this wknd. There is only 3 in. of ice and should disappear quickly. Then the end of next week the cycle starts over again Exclamation Laughing

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 am

I still have a little fear of falling in after that late November plunge. I'd hate for that to happen with the water in the 30's.

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 am

I was ice fishing on 4-5 inches on the shouts shore the past 2 days!

I got my first bass February 3rd open water! So it would be nice if last year repeats its self!
I'm so excited to be in my yak this spring catching pigs!!!!

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 am

[quote="bassaddict21"]I'd imagine the capes gotta have a few lakes or ponds with no ice
Most of the smaller shallow ponds have a skim over them already even Wequaqet has ice in most of the shallow coves.

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 am

shawneramone

If the past repeats itself I will have my first open water bass 2 months from today. Last year I got one my 2nd time out on March 7th. I've re-read the whole Beaver Fever jon boat mod thread getting psyched up for my conversion when the tax refund rolls in. I'm so excited about the 2013 season. I just feel so much more confident about catching big bass. I can't wait for Spring!!! Cabin Fever has a full hold of me

Its suppose to be 40 all week down my way, there is still some open water on the watuppa, i dont think the frozen sections are more than just a thin covering

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links