Dave Wojcik

Team Butterfield win "Whopickedthisstupidpond 360"

damn!...had iced up line guides ALL day!...water temp was around 40..air temp was below 32 for sure....earl and I had a nice fast start throwing NO 2 Mepps and we where culling at 9:30am but those butterfields kicked our ass in the last hr and they culled off there smallest fish which earl and I couldn't do...pete demoya and ryan Kempton did a great job making a late comeback but just fell short of the money..

1st....team butterfield....5 fish....10.15#...lunker....2.60#
2nd....howard/wojcik....5 fish...9.02#...lunker....2.47#

event lunker....team butterfield...2.60#

honorable mention...demoya/Kempton....5 fish....7.64#

we had 8 boats

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:23 pm

How many more of these do you plan on doing Dave? Do you go until the ice comes? Way to get out there!

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Nice meeting you Dave. Good job to all the boats who caught a limit. I don't know what we were thinking showing up on a new lake against the cold water sticks of cran bogs, should have kept driving to Mashpee! You guys really know how to catch em this time of year. I forgot my scraper in the truck...

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 pm

nice job in brutal conditions. the weather made it hard to cast let alone catch fish.

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

ty joe....hope u keep fishing this coldwater trail.....I always say what is working best and want you and anyone else to become better coldwater tournament fishermen...its all good for sure!....hope to see you at santuit next week....hope u keep fishing our cold water series joe......we all share what is working and want everyone to become better coldwater bass fishermen

Last edited by wojo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 pm

hi pocket...we will be at santuit next sunday and then finish up at the west res in Harwich the next sunday

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Today was my first experience with iced up guides and snow cones in the reel. I hated it. I'm definitely not a cold weather guy. Great job to all of you!!!

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Larger guides shouldn't be an issue. For smaller guides and tip tops, the glycerine in some of the more popular line conditioners can help reduce ice buildup.

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links