How is everyone doing this season so far. I have not used my boat but shore fishing has been ok, a fish here, a fish there. I thought it was picking up prior to , two snowstorms ago. Red eye shads produced after the mid march warm up as did jigs. Recently I have had luck on small 3 inch grubs on a drop shot and a spinnerbait on windy days. I am sure this snow and 15 degree morning temps in Metro West area's are not helping. Might give it a go tomorrow , in the past I have caught bigger fish on crappy rainy April days on Jigs.

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 pm

I got a few pickerel on the Ipswich last week but that was before the snow I mean it could be 65 tommorow then 40 Saturday that's what makes it so difficult this time of year

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 pm

ive been getting alot of bass! been open water fishin since new years.

nothing over 5lbs yet but im getting the quanity. waiting for the swimbait bite. been using my big bass baits and still getting dinks. oh well. soon when the weather warms the eff up. and instead of warm a few days, oh nope im gona be cold again. warm then cold warm then cold. thats really screwing with things!

Posted Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:47 pm

I got nothing on 3 outings in March, then rallied at Walden Pond with 2 nice rainbows on Good Friday (choose your own religious meaning for that one, LOL).

Finally started catching bass on April Fool's Day, and been doing OK since then - 3 12 inch, 1 17 inch, 2.77 lb LMB, and the usual interloping yellow perch, pickerel, and sunfish who have hit crankbaits meant for bass.

Posted Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:20 pm

January saw us putzing around at Walden catching stocked rainbows. We pulled in our fair share over time. We only got up north to ice fish once this year, and all we got for that effort were a few perch. We hit the sudbury river in march. I got skunked but Dad pulled in a few nice Pickerel. Since the start of the month we have been playing over at the Chu, and so far got a few Landlocked Salmon. As soon as the water warms up slightly you'll find me up north chasing Smallmouth!

Posted Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links