Hello guys, this is my first post. I think this is a great website and Im hoping to learn alot, meet people, and have a lot of interesting conversations. My fishing buddy and myself have been wanting to get into our first tourney. We live in the Gloucester/Rockport area and there is not much around for fishing tourneys. I noticed that some of you had tourneys in the past in Chebacco lake which is not far from us. Any tourneys coming up at chebacco or even Attitash??? I havent been able to find anything at all. I've tried contacting some Bass fishing clubs in Mass and 2 of the 4 I contacted are no longer an active club. I looked online for "fishing tourneys in Mass" and a few websites popped up but many of the tourneys are a ongoing tourney and they fish a different place each month. Its to late to get into those. We would like to find something like a one day event to get our feet wet and see what its all about and have some fun competion. A little money on the line would be fun and keep our heads in the game.
Oh, and yes we like to grill and drink beer after to!!! Very Happy
Thanks ahead of time!!

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for the reply! I ran it by my buddy and it might be hard for him to get that day off from work but he is going to try to make it happen. We work a 4 and 2 rotating schedule and it just so happens this weekend we are working. That would be a great one to be in.

Hopefully there will be one coming up at Chebacco as well.
Thanks again

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I hate CHebacco! Its a tough bite there!!!

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:03 pm

I like Chebacco! My team pulled a 6 lb'er out of there 2 out of 3 tourneys for a 1st and a 2nd place finish respectively! Cool

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

There are some good size fish in chebacco. My buddy and I both caught fish weighing just over 4lbs last week. In November I caught a fish that weighed in just over 6 pounds that was very lean. Id like to see what that fish looks like now after its had a good feed all spring and summer.

Ive never fished attitash. I would like to soon. Its one of the few fishable lakes that boats are allowed in our area. Im guessing it would be about a 45 min ride for us. Not bad at all. I thought there were problems with the lake due to fertilizer run off from people's lawns? I could be wrong about that.

There is also lake Quannapowitt. Thats another lake that I havent heard much about in a while. I know a long time ago it was stalked with tiger muskie by the state. Other than that I just heard about a lot of carp. I believe its electric motor only.

Have any of you boys had much luck in any of them?

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Sorry no Chebaco this year.Attitash this week if you want in reply on the post.Good group of guys out having a good time.This is the only north tourney we have this year.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm

I think the next closest to you would be Cotichuate or Charles river Waltham.I drive an hour and a half to some of these,but that's up to you.I make weigh at 2 to give people extra time for driving.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Khaskins- thanks for the heads up on that. I'll relay that to my buddy. Maybe when he finds out its the only tourney in the north he will try to work out a swap with somebody at work. Thanks again!

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links