Hey guys my name is David and I am new to the forums. I have a questions. I bought a canoe roughly 5 years ago and don't think I ever got a bill of sales of with it. Now I would like to install a trolling motor but was told by the registry I need a bill of sales to register. Can I just fabricate one up saying I bought it off whoever? Im just trying to not go through too much hassle.

Thanks for any input.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:23 pm

I know people who have made one up for the same reason and didnt have an issue. If it wasn't registered in the past you should be fine.......unless it was stolen.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Bought it from craigslist about 5 years ago. Just never thought I'd need to ever register it. Just getting a little lazy with the rowing. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 pm

You shouldn't have an issue with an old rowboat. Just make sure you pay the tax online before you try to register it.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:39 pm

whoops...i meant paddling. It is a canoe.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 pm

http://www.mass.gov/eea/grants-and-tech-assistance/enforcement/environmental-police/boat-rv-and-snowmobile-registration-bureau/billofsale.pdf

There's an example of bill of sale from the website, you could probably get away putting anyone's name on it

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Hmmm might just try it out. Thanks a lot guys. Much Appreciated.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:16 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links