I've used Whitman's Pond in Weymouth (where I live) as my "home water" But without a boat, it's pretty darn useless. For those days when I don't have time to get the boat out, what is the best place to head to? I know Plymouth has a ton, but I was thinking closer to the Quincy/Braintree area. Houghton's is good for trout, but I've never landed a bass there. Accord pond is no fishing. Same with Weymouth Great Pond. If you know of any half decent water, especially low pressure water, please let me know. Thank you!

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Check out hobarts in weymouth indian head in hanson sylvan in holbrook theres a bunch around just gotta go searching.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Hobarts is in whitman

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Google maps, Ma Wildlife, you will find plenty of ponds listed. How about Sunset Lake in Braintree, supposed to be decent.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 pm

often pass by sunset lake in braintree,but never see much fishing action or boats, anyone fished there and how was you're luck?? : : Smile

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 am

Sunset lake is pretty good. No huge monsters but some good numbers of fish

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 am

Has anybody ever fished Pond Meadow Park on the Weymouth/Braintree border?

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 am

Never fished there always wondered about it that place get wicked buggy tho make sure you hVe bug spray if you go.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am

I have a buddy who is a park ranger there and he swears that there are some hogs in there.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 am

Norton has some shore fishing. I also have an open seat for night fishing all the time.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

The Norris Reservation in Norwell is a good spot for pickerel and panfish and the occasional bass if you're willing to go down Route 3 a couple exits. I've heard it's stocked with trout but I've never landed one. Just be warned it's weedy so either retrieve fast or use a weedless presentation but they're there. And if the pond next to the parking lot doesn't produce, there's good fishing but smaller fish down the path a little way, I believe it's called Gordon Pond but I could be mistaken.

And fishingnewengland, love the pro pic, Maiden rules.

Sorry, just had to get my metal head moment out.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 am

send me a PM i live in hanover and know a few good spots.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 pm

hey I just joined the website a minute ago so I hope im replying to. I live in btree and fish a lot of areas around here. I actually went to sunset lake in Braintree today. caught my second bass of the year on a jig and pig combo. the fish weighed about 4lbs. other areas in btree that are also good are the btree golf course and pond meadow. I also started fishing at houghtons pond in Milton as well

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm

ttroy95

hey I just joined the website a minute ago so I hope im replying to. I live in btree and fish a lot of areas around here. I actually went to sunset lake in Braintree today. caught my second bass of the year on a jig and pig combo. the fish weighed about 4lbs. other areas in btree that are also good are the btree golf course and pond meadow. I also started fishing at houghtons pond in Milton as well

Great info, thanks. Where do you go when you fish Sunset? Do you cast from the stone wall? What lures have you had luck with at Pond Meadow?

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 am

at sunset ill either fish right infront of the middle lifeguard chair, all the way right of the stone wall or across the pond at the big rock that you can get to by going through the back of Braintree highschool. at pond meadow I normally 4 to 5 inch plastic worms. ive only caught bass with those at pond meadow nothing else has seemed to work. those worms work the best at sunset as well.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links