They have a tournament on Lake Winnipesaukee N.H. . They could use more boats. Drawing to match up partners 9/7, tournament is on 9/8 - 9/9/2012 on 9/8 the NEPVA teammate fishes only, on 9/10 both the boat skipper and NEPVA member fish together for combined weight.
The next weekend is the PVA (Paralyzed Veterans of America) If you have a boat and would like to enter one or both weekends.

For more details please contact Tiny LaFontain 800-660-1181 or info@nepva.org

Thanks in advance for supporting our nations heros...

[/b]

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:21 pm

GUYS I HAVE WANTED TO GIVE BACK TO THE VETS FOR A LONG TIME NOW. AND I CANNOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BOAT. IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFOE, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE. I HAVE HEARD THIS EVENT IS OUTSTANDING. PLEASE IF YOU ARE FREE THE WEEKEND OF THE EVENT, PLEASE CALL TINY FOR MORE INFO.
IT'S LIKE $50 TO ENTER AND THEY PUT YOU UP AND YOU FISH WITH A DISABLED VETERAN FOR THE WEEKEND, I HEAR IT'S A FRIGGIN BLAST, AND WHAT A WAY TO GIVE BACK TO THESE VETS THAT HAVE GIVEN THEIR ALL FOR US.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOOK INTO GOING TO THIS EVENT.
I ALSO PLAN ON HAVING A TOURNEY NEXT SEASON FOR THE VETS.

THANK YOU!

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:39 pm

I really wish I had a boat. As part of my job I have met a lot of disabled vets that have been injured in Iraq or Afgahanistan and I never feel like I can do enough.

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks Johnny, I'm also boatless. My fishing buddy Mike Goodspeed from MOREFISH has been fishing tournaments with the NEPVA for years. They are in need of boating anglers willing to take a vet fishing. They have tournaments two weekends in a row on Lake Winnipesaukee.1st tournament is 9/8, teams are picked randomly the night before. NEPVA New England Paralyzed Veterans of America, 2nd weekend is PVA Paralyzed Veterans of America.
Anyone interested or would like to contact Mike for more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance for helping those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom, that isn't free...

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks Shawn, by the way nice rod...

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am

If only I had a boat I'd be all over this. I have a few friends who are injured vets themselves, they'd LOVE to do this. Hoping to have a boat by next spring Confused

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 am

I know it's short notice, but I think i'll be a little dissapointed with this community if no one went on this journey!

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 am

Unfortunately, I cannot make this tourney. Nor do I have a bass boat. I DO however have a 14' Jon with trailer. There is an enormous type 31 battery to go with the 40# trolling motor. (The battery has lasted me for 8 hour trips before and had plenty left over) I have a 70qt cooler and pump for a livewell.

If you want to use the boat, you're more than welcome. Just be willing to take responsibility for anything that happens to it.

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

My name is Gary Clawson and I am the New Hampshire PVA Liason I have been reading your comments. If you wanted to come up and watch what goes on that would be good. We will be doing a web cast on Saturday the 8th during the weighin. It is a great time and you will have stories for years...I have attached the registration link if there are any boaters that could help for both days. I look forward to seing some of you on Winnie in a couple of week..If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an email gclawson521@comcast.net Again thank you

http://www.pva.org/site/c.ajIRK9NJLcJ2E/b.6461229/k.9371/Registration.htm

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:15 pm

You the man Gary!

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I have a fishing tournament suggestion that does not involve boats.

Brookline Reservoir has good wheelchair access and the path around the fishable water is manageable for anglers in wheelchairs. The challenge for an angler in a wheelchair is landing the fish. The slope from the top of the path to the waterline is about 70-80 degrees. (I have a hard time landing fish at this location.) So the person who is partnering up with the wounded warrior can assist with landing the fish using a net. As well as taking pictures and weighing the fish and releasing the fish back into the water.

I imagine that the town of Brookline would require a permit and have the event sponsosr provide porta-potties for attendees.

Another alternative location is the Chestnut hill reservoir, which is much bigger then Brookline but the wheelchair access is somewhat more difficult and the parking situation is more challenging. Chestnut also does not have as diverse of a fish population as Brookline.

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:39 pm

thorn168, I see the access availability but the fishing opportunity is limited. We all want a chance to catch a fish of a life time during a tournament, that is not going to happen in your suggested locations.

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

With all due respect catching "a fish of a lifetime during a tournament" is a little much to ask. What defines a fish of a lifetime? I understand that you want these guy & gals to have a good time fishing but consider for a moment the performance stress that is felt in a tournament environment. Does that stress enhance or detract from the experience that you seek to provide? Why not ask the wounded vets what type of experience they would like to have?

Maybe its not necessarily competition that they seek but the camaraderie of fishing with other anglers.

You could still host a fun tournament at Brookline if you are willing to stock it with rainbows in the spring or fall.

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 pm

I emailed the orginal poster, im thinking about doing the tournement but I know nothing about lake winni. Not sure how competitive the tounry is but I am willing to do the tourny if I can shadow another boat so im not spending hours looking for fish. Is there anyone on here doing it and nice enough to have a shadow just till we get on some fish.

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Josh I sent you an email.....Give me a call

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links