Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted! I hope everyone has been doing well and catching lotsa fish Cool I know you all have your secret spots for fishing but does anyone have a good spot I can bring my son for some bass fishing? I am willing to travel. But if there is any place local as well, that would be awesome! Smile I have been going to my regular spot where I always have had awesome luck and havent been able to catch anything, not even a bite! I have used everything from poppers, fake worms (my favorite), lures, spinnerbait, even night crawlers. Im getting really frustrated. So if anyone has a spot up up near Melrose that they are willing to share, that would be awesome. But like I said I am also willing to travel a lil so my son can catch something! Thanks all and happy fishing! Very Happy

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:39 am

I ended up at Wrights Pond in Medford. My first cast out I caught a nice 4-5lber for the beginning of the season (Ive been sick and unable to get out). But NOTHING afterward, no nibble nada. The place I ended up fishing from was tiny and I got caught up a bunch of times. Anyone know exactly where is a good spot? I would love to go back in there. Place seems pretty deserted so I can a ton of fish being in there...

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 am

4-5 lb is a pretty terrific catch, nice job. I would be thrilled with 1 lunker that size for a short trip.

Anyways, Fellsmere Rez in Malden is pretty good with tons of shore access and nice size bass.

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 pm

I would recommend the dam between the Upper and Lower Mystic Lakes. Close parking to fishing, several spots to fish and usually can catch a few.

I have a 9 year old and this is our after-dinner for an hour spot.

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:16 pm

towelie

4-5 lb is a pretty terrific catch, nice job. I would be thrilled with 1 lunker that size for a short trip.

Anyways, Fellsmere Rez in Malden is pretty good with tons of shore access and nice size bass.

I used to fish there ALL THE TIME. I had my one specific spot and would catch fish after fish. But now there is a person down there who is catching the bigger bass and bringing them home and eating them (ewwww has anyone ever seen the crap that is in that water? most polluted). That was my favorite spot but now people have ruined it Sad

I was psyched that my 1st fish this season was so huge. I fish for fun and boredom. I couldnt sleep so I decided to try Wrights. Like said I walked through the woods forever and found that one spot. As soon as I casted in, he was on there! It cant be overfished because there isnt many spots that I saw of to even cast. I lost a lot of tackle getting getting caught today lol. I wish I got a better pic of him but he was fidgety and when I tried to grab his mouth he flip flopped and went back in to the water. I was hoping someone would know of another spot on that pond.

But thank you for the suggestion! Very Happy

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 am

dhutch

I would recommend the dam between the Upper and Lower Mystic Lakes. Close parking to fishing, several spots to fish and usually can catch a few.

I have a 9 year old and this is our after-dinner for an hour spot.

Where exactly is this? What do you use for bait? Rubber worms, poppers, ect?

When my son gets home from vacation (he is 11) maybe we can meet up and fish together!

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:58 am

Trying Fellsmere and the Mystic Dam today after the rain stops with my boys.. I will let you know how it goes!!

Posted Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:04 pm

try spot pond, to the right of the boat dock boat rental area.

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Never made it to Mystic but Fellsmere was hopping had one that actually bent my hook straight... thats what i get for buying cheap hooks!!

My son caught a 1.5 Bass and girl next to me about 15 ft away caught a 2.5-3lb bass ON HER 1st CAST!!!.. was very jealous..lol

Posted Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

What type of lure were you using at Fellsmere?

Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Spot pond actually produces from shore ? i have tried it numerous times with senkos/brushhogs/spinnerbaits and i never can get anything to bite. Any suggestions ?

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 pm

mostly Green/ Pumpkinseed senkos

Trying Sharpners Pond tomorrow

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 pm

spot pond is a great shore fishing pond. there is a ton of access to it. jigs, tubes, and other crayfish imitations work best there., allong with lipless and regular crankbaits. I have caught many trophy bass this year alone.

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by bassin329 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:11 am

spy pond arlington, rte 2 side

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links