fishforbass & stratos, I was reading the information you guys sent and I'm very greatful for all the detail and time you put into your responses. Thanks again!!! Tight lines...

Posted Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 am

When you go into Paugus Bay, just to the right as soon as you go in there is a culvert that goes into "Pickerel Cove" [see map] and Pickerel cove is just that. There are largemouth in also, but before you get near the culvert fish the area in front of it. Stay out 25 yards or so and fish the grass. There is a mixed bag of l.m. and s.m. in this area.

Posted Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks for your input Bob I have a week to fish Winni and a map is going to be my 1st priority...

Posted Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Man reading this thread has given me the Winni Itch. I just may have to head up there tomorrow and put in over at Lees Mills

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Its def worth going up there the fishing was great the other day

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Kizel, what bait did you have the most success for the smallies? Your post is getting me excited for some smallmouyh action...

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Caught them on a couple different things. A lizard carolina rigged, senko, crankbait and a mepps spinner

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks Kizel, I love fishing smallmouth and I'm sure your hooked on them now...

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh yes im a big fan of smallies

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:39 pm

I caught my first smallie last month, I know how you feel!!!

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 pm

John which part of winni are you going to ? I have spots all over that lake. My photo is a 5lb 12oz baby i got three weeks ago up there.

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:33 pm

That's a beauty Bob!!! I'm going to Meridith, vacation starting 8/25. Sorry for delay in responding...

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 am

Wow- I just got to this thread and if I'm ever on Winnapasauke again I'll be sure to print this out and take it with me.

One other spot that you may want to try in Merideth is a smaller body of water called Lake Waukewan. It's about 1 mile wide and 3 miles long....deepest spots are around 80 feet but there are about 8 awesome coves spread out around the lake that have rock piles, pads and awesome weeds in water between 2-15ft. At night there are some spots that will produce small mouth on every other cast with top water plugs and jitterbugs. The water is crystal clear and there are big LM, SM and Pickerel in there. Mosquito Cove is my favorite day time spot and if you have a small boat you can launch right from the bridge...you'll see the cove and under the bridge is a 1 mile river (not much flow at all) that had tons of pads to fish.

Good Luck...I love NH!

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks Angler 21 for the input. The boat I'm using is docked on the property I'm staying at so Winni is my only boating water I'll be fishing.

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 am

i was up there when you were!i was staying right next to Ellecoya State Beach at the Silver Sands,caught a bunch of Smallies right out front of the beach and Marina next door and in the moored sailboats.Smith Cove is indeed the place for Larries but i've caught some nice Smallies out in front of the cove on the shipwreck of The Lady of the Lake.We tried a lot of unmarked humps this trip n pulled a few fat Smallies out of 30 feet of water,I drop shot and the guy i was with Carolina Rigs,all in all it was a good time:-)

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links